The Confederation still recommends testing as much as possible - for example at the workplace or before meeting people who are particularly at risk. You can conveniently order the self-tests online and have them delivered to your home or business.
- In cooperation with Hirsch-Apotheke
- Rapid antigen test for direct virus detection of SARS-CoV-2
- Nose dressing test (nose in front)
- Easy self-testing; result within 15 min.
- Released for private use by the BAG
The Corona rapid test helps you to see if you are contagious in just 15 minutes. If the test result is positive, you know immediately, can isolate yourself and have the result confirmed in a test centre with a PCR test.
A negative test result gives you additional safety if you observe the existing protective measures, e.g. when you meet friends or people who are particularly at risk. In this way, you can actively contribute to the protection of others. If you have persistent symptoms or your symptoms become more severe, contact a doctor or pharmacist or take the BAG's Covid check.
The Corona rapid test is easy to use and is therefore colloquially also called a nasal drill test. The sample is taken from the front of the nose (2 cm, see handling) and is therefore much more comfortable than tests with a swab in the nasopharynx.
In this video, the easy handling is explained step by step: Watch video
Interpretation of the results
How do I deal with the test result?
Positive test result:
- If the test result is positive, it must be confirmed immediately with a PCR test. Contact for a confirmatory PCR: Hospital, doctor's surgery, pharmacy or test centre.
- Go into self-isolation until the result of the confirmatory PCR.
Negative test result:
- They are very unlikely to be contagious on the day of the test.
- Despite a negative Corona rapid test, it is possible that you are infected and can pass on the virus.
Even in the event of a negative result, it is necessary to continue to comply with all the BAG's recommendations on protective and hygiene measures.
How meaningful is a Corona rapid test?
The reliability of the Roche Corona Rapid Test as a self-test was evaluated in independent studies at the Charité Berlin and the University of Heidelberg¹ using PCR testing as a reference method. These data were also the basis for the FOPH listing of the SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test Nasal in the "Screening Standard" category in mid-March. In these studies, the test achieved an overall sensitivity of 82.5% and a specificity of 100%. The studies also showed that a Corona self-test detects individuals with high viral loads with similar reliability as a Corona rapid test performed by professionals (sensitivity of 96.6% in both groups).
The kit is ready to use and contains everything needed to perform the test. The following items are needed for a test and are included in the kit:
- Test device (individually packed in a foil bag with desiccant)
- Tube with extraction buffer and carrier
- Dispenser cap
- Sterile swab
- Package insert
Self-test instruction manual: PDF attached for download
*The content presented originates from Roche Switzerland.